The Nintendo Switch Indie World presentation was released today and showed off a number of new games for the system, as well as updates to some of the previously announced titles. With more than one drop shadow, you can play a few right away!
Nintendo released a new Indie World video today, featuring a variety of indie games coming to the Nintendo Switch system this year and next. Highlights of the video include Hades, the dungeon crawler, Card Shark, the card trick adventure and Raja: Ancient Epic, an action-adventure game inspired by Hindu and Balinese mythology, is released today for Nintendo Switch.
The video also revealed a free two-player update for the Untitled Goose Game that will be released on the 23rd. Release in September for the slapstick game stealth sandbox.
The vast library of Nintendo Switch-inspired independent games is about to expand, according to Steve Singer, senior vice president of publisher and developer relations at Nintendo of America. With independent developers from all over the world finding a home on the Nintendo Switch, the system will continue to be a place where fans can enjoy a growing and diverse library of independent games anytime, anywhere.
To watch the full video on the Indian World, go to https://indieworld.nintendo.com/. Here are some of the highlights of the video:
- The Hades of the Supergiant Games: As the immortal prince of the underworld, players will use the power and mythical weapons of Olympus to escape the clutches of the infamous god of the dead as they grow stronger and discover more and more of the story. Thousands of viable characters and a cast of colorful, life-sized characters ensure that every escape attempt in the ever-changing underworld is unique. In the fall, when the game releases on the Nintendo Switch, Aida will have a cross save feature in the PC version. (Each version sold separately)
- Raji: Ancient Epic by Nodding Heads Games / Super.com : This intense action-adventure game is set in ancient India and is inspired by Hindu and Balinese mythology. A young girl, chosen by the gods, resists the demonic invasion of the human kingdom. Your destiny: Save his little brother and face the mighty demon lord. Players will experience fluid combat and parkour while mastering divine weapons. Raji: Ancient Epic, an exclusive Timer system, is available on Nintendo Switch starting today.
- Lotus Thunder Spiritualist: As Stella’s cleric, help the spirits of the dead in the afterlife by sailing them across the seas on a homemade ferry. In this fun, animated, handcrafted art game, players befriend passengers, customize and upgrade their ferry, explore a world of fantasy – or just go wherever the wind takes them. Spiritfarefarer makes its maiden voyage on the Nintendo Switch today.
- Untitled game Goose of the house / Panic: What could be more annoying than the dreaded goose? Two horrible geese! A free two-player update to the popular slapstick stealth sandbox game will be available from the 23rd. September will be available. The untitled game Goose will also be available on Nintendo Switch, with more information in the future. Answers to questions from game developer Nameless Goose will be available on the 20th. August from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Indie World’s Twitter account. PT.
- A little walk through Adam Robinson-U/Whippoorwill: Hike, climb and navigate the serene mountain landscape of Hawk Peak Provincial Park. Short Hike is a game where players take things at their own pace, choose their own path and see where it takes them. Along the way, players will meet other wanderers, discover hidden treasures, and enjoy the beauty of the world. A Short Hike, a console-exclusive game with limited time, is released today for Nintendo Switch.
- Torchlight III by Perfect World Entertainment / Echtra Games, Inc. Torchlight III: Torchlight III is the light and fast successor of the popular action game RPG Torchlight II. In Torch III, a century has passed since the events of Torch II, in which the great heroes of old defeated the Black Alchemist. Now Novastraia is once again threatened by invasion and players must dare to defend the land against the evil Condeists and their allies. Torchlight III features all the signature Torchlight gameplay mechanics, including thrilling hack-and-slash battles, epic loot drops, and of course the beloved homegrown system that has won the hearts of ARPG fans. This amazing adventure also includes new features, including fully customizable forts, unique relic skills, and a new endgame experience. Torchlight III will be released exclusively for Nintendo Switch this fall as a Red Fairy Pet.
- Takeshi and Hiroshi of Oink Games Inc… Takeshi and Hiroshi combine the worlds of stop-motion and role-playing. Takeshi, 14, wants to be a game designer. The player’s goal is to entertain his younger brother Hiroshi by introducing him to the final chapter of their game. Takeshi has to improvise: His goal is to give Hiroshi the ability to take on big things, but he also wants to prevent him from losing. Takeshi and Hiroshi present the Nintendo Switch today.
- The ban on competitive hypnosis / Mike Lash / ThatWhichIs Media / Xalavier Nelson Jr. / No more robots: In this 90’s Internet simulator, the player explores various websites, adds useful downloads to his desktop, avoids computer viruses, and hunts down virtual bad guys as the enforcer of the hypnospatial patrol division. The ban on hypnosis is scheduled for the 27th. August for Nintendo Switch. The game is available for pre-order today on the Nintendo eShop and there is also a free demo available for download.
- Shark map by Nerial / Devolver Digital : Players find their way to the top of 18th century French society in Card Shark, an elegantly illustrated adventure game about the proper use of cards. For centuries. As players move from table to table, they must expand their repertoire of card tricks and carefully manage their ill-gotten gains as the stakes get higher and higher. But the players have to be careful: if the scam is discovered, they put their lives at risk. Card Shark arrives at the Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Manifold Garden by William Chyr Studio LLC : Embark on an adventure into a beautiful world of mind-bending puzzles in Manifold Garden, a game that redefines the laws of physics. The geometry repeats itself endlessly in all directions, and the fall brings the players back to their starting point. To move forward, actors must manipulate gravity to change their perspective and see the world in a new way. Manifold Garden launches today on Nintendo Switch.
- Subnautica. Subnautica: Below Zero from Unknown Worlds Entertainment: In Subnautica, players explore the depths of a vast alien underwater world, collecting resources, building underwater structures, and thwarting the plans of wild animals to unravel the mystery of the planet they’ve landed on. For explorers looking for an icy adventure, the sequel to Subnautica: Below zero, divers will try to survive in the icy biomes of planet 4546B. Subnautica. Subnautica: Both will be released on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- The history of Picogram Garden / Pink City Games : Garden Story invites players into a healthy and delightful world where they rebuild the community under the name Concord, the new Keeper of the Forest. Travel the bustling island to fight invading decay, cultivate fruity friendships, collect valuable resources, restore buildings and rebuild your home. Garden Story will bloom on the Nintendo Switch in 2021.
- Evergate by Stone Lantern Games / PQube Limited : Evergate is a 2D puzzle platform game set in the afterlife. The player controls Ki, a childlike spirit who travels through life, death, space and time. Soulflame’s innovative mechanisms allow you to slow down time, giving players more flexibility in how they move through this beautiful and exciting world. Evergate comes out today for the Nintendo Switch.
- Bear and Breakfast by Gummy Cat Studio / Armor Games Studios : In the adventure game Bear and Breakfast, players play as Hank, a well-meaning bear who tries to turn an abandoned cabin into a thriving bed and breakfast. The mysteries of the forest develop as the company grows, and Hank soon discovers a conspiracy that goes deeper than the wilderness itself. Bear and Breakfast combines elements of construction, management and exploration with in-depth customization and a variety of sub-queries. The game will be released in 2021 as an exclusive limited-time title for the Nintendo Switch system.
The Indie World presentation also revealed new independent games for Nintendo Switch, including Hidden Layer Games / Chucklefish’s INMOST (August 21), The Red Lantern from Timberline Studios and She Dreams Elsewhere from Studio Zevere, both of which will be available soon.
Also today, the Nintendo Online Shop is launching a 40% discount on independent games for Nintendo Switch, including Exit from the Gun, Streets of the 4th Century, Ori, Blind Forest and more. The sale starts at 10:00. PT tonight until 11:59. PT for 30. August. For a full list of participating independent games, visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/.
Follow the Indie World @IndieWorldNA Twitter account for the latest news and updates on independent games on Nintendo Switch.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently an editor and contributor to Age of Games.
How to load…