In this article, we will share some troubleshooting steps Sorry, Excel can’t open two workbooks with the same error when using Microsoft Excel.
How do I fix Sorry, Excel cannot open two workbooks with the same error?
1. Rename file
- Open the folder where you saved the file using the file explorer.
- Right click on the file and select Rename.
- Enter a unique file name and save the changes.
- Try opening the Excel file again to see if the error is corrected.
If not, try running a new instance of Excel and see if that corrects the error. Here’s how.
- Right-click the Excel icon in your taskbar or on your desktop.
- Hold down the ALT key on the keyboard.
- Click on the Excel icon to start the application.
- You will be asked if you want to start a new copy of Excel. Press Yes.
- Open the file and check if the error is fixed.
2. Checking the installation of various accessories
- Open the file explorer and navigate to the following location:
- Check for additions in this area.
- Then start Microsoft Excel.
- Go to File and select Preferences.
- Then choose Add.
- Disable all DLL add-ons.
- Save the changes and close the Preferences window.
- Start Microsoft Excel and open the file to see if the error is fixed.
You may encounter problems if you install an add-in with the same name from two different sources, even if the add-ins are in different formats, such as DLL and XLSM. Disable the add-in to resolve the error caused by the conflict.
Otherwise, if you know which add-on caused the error, go to C:UsersAdministratorAppDataRoamingMicrosoftExcelXLSTART and delete the .xla file associated with the add-on.
3. Restore Excel installation
- Press the Windows + R key.
- Enter the control and press OK.
- In the Programs section, click the Remove Programs button.
- Search for and select Microsoft Office from the list of installed applications.
- Click on Restore/Edit in the main menu. Click Yes if the UAC asks you to.
- Click the Restore button on the Configuration menu.
- Then you will see two repair options. First, select Quick Recovery and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the repair is complete, restart your computer and see if there are any improvements.
- If the problem persists, select Online Recovery and follow the on-screen instructions. The online recovery option may take some time and also requires an active internet connection to work.
When the repair is complete, open Microsoft Excel and verify that the error was fixed.
4. Microsoft employeeUpgrade/reinstall
Update of the Agency’s application
- Open Excel.
- Go to File and select Account.
- In the Product Information section, click Update Settings.
- Select Update Now.
- Microsoft Office will download and install all updates for this application.
- After installing the update, restart the computer and check for improvements.
If the error persists, try reinstalling the application to fix any problems that may occur due to damaged or malfunctioning files.
Uninstalling Microsoft Office
- Press Windows + I to open the settings.
- Select applications.
- Search in Microsoft Office.
- Select an application and press Delete. Click Yes if the UAC asks you to.
- After uninstalling, download the application from the official Microsoft download center.
Error Unfortunately, Excel cannot open two workbooks with the same name, usually due to an add-on conflict at startup.
Follow the steps above to find and remove a conflicting add-on to correct the error. Let us know in the comments below which method helped you.
how to open same file twice simultaneously in excel 2016,excel 2016 won t open on mac,a document with the name is already open,sorry, excel can't open two workbooks with the same name at the same time.,excel cannot open 2 workbooks with the same name solver mac,excel cannot open 2 workbooks with the same name solver,you cannot save this workbook with the same name as another open,sorry, excel can t open two workbooks solver,problems with excel on mac,why did excel stop working on my mac